Monday, January 9, 2012

Stop Action Film


sterling from Ms. Seal's Art History on Vimeo.


1)The narrative of my film was a "typical" day of my little sister. She wakes up and gets ready for school, trying a bunch of crazy outfits on because she can wear whatever she wants.  Then during her little fashion show for herself she hears her alarm- she was dreaming the whole time!!! That's the climax and crisis of the story. She is then forced to put on her uniform in real life to go to school.

2)When Jada is getting ready for school during her dream she's very happy and excited so I chose a song that reflected that morning, happy, girly vibe, which fit perfectly. Then when she is forced to put on her uniform in order to go to school in real life I chose a song entitled, "The Show Goes On" which is exactly the type of message I wanted to send to the audience and what I wanted her emotion to come across as. I think the audience can see that especially when she shrugs her shoulders.  I also added sound affects for the ringing of the alarm which was a crucial transition from her dream to real life.

3)I think my film had a very strong and relatable narrative with a climax/crisis.  It was understandable, fun, and enjoyable to watch.  The music went along perfectly in my mind, and I'm glad I went the extra length to loop the beginning of the first song.

4)I would try to vary my camera angles and lighting.  Other than that I had a pretty smooth editing process and was happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment